Sunday, September 29, 2013

Assault: Timberwolf

I just realized I never mentioned his name, Paul.  Simple.  Aren't Timberwolves suppose to travel in packs/gangs because based on my recon of him Paul seemed like a lone wolf(pun intended).  The plan was simple; I go attend church, after church is finished I ask him some questions privately, send him to his god quickly, and then get the hell out of there.  His preaching wasn't bad and the other people seemed really into it, but I couldn't help but notice the emphasize put on angels in his speech.  When it was over and everyone was getting up to leave I asked Paul if I could ask a few questions privately about the church.  He said sure just to wait until he said goodbye to some of the other church goes.  I waited until everyone had left and he came over to me.

P:  You said you wanted you ask me some question, correct?  Oh I'm sorry I never introduced myself.  I'm Paul. <reached out his hand>

F:  Oh sorry I'm Fred <shook his hand>

P:  Nice to meet you.  So those questions?

F:  It's just that I'm new here and I've been trying to find a church.

P:  I'm glad to hear that you've decided to try our little church.

F:  Me too. 

This is the part where I pulled out my sword, uncovered it, and stabbed Paul with it.  Except he caught me and punched me before I could make contact.   

P:  You're that do-gooder from around town aren't you?

F:  I'm just protecting them from you and your freak masters.

P:  I'm just trying to get people to recognize the one true god.  To embrace the Archangel.  <yes he smirked when he said that>

He tackled me knocking me aside, then ran to pull out a mace from his hiding place.  He pulled his arm back and brought it down upon me but I rolled off to the side and picked up my sword.

F:  You aren't trying to turn them to the true faith just send them to a monster.

I stabbed at him and when he moved to the side I hit him with the hilt staggering him a bit.  I went in for the kill when his mace hit me hard in the sides.  I was on the ground trying to breath and holding my newly broken ribs.

P:  I am easing them into worshiping the Archangel, the afterlife manifested, and you say that is not the true faith.  Would you deny this miserable people Bliss?  Well guess what I've already recruited new believes so you are too late, hero boy. 

F:  How many actually reach Bliss you bastard?

P:  I can't tell you that but I can tell you this.  You won't.

I was about to die.  In a few seconds that mace would come done and cave my skull in killing me.  Who would I go to in death, the Archangel or the Dark One I wondered.  But, I decided I wasn't going to die without killing Paul first.  I ignored the pain I was feeling from the mace and the pain I was about to feel and jumped at Paul with all my weight and knocked him against the ground.   Despite my dizziness I headbutted Paul bouncing his head off the ground, and picked up his mace.  Then I brought it down onto his face.  And it was over.

K:  Nice job, Warrior.

I turned to see Knife sitting in one of the empty pews.

K:  Though I must say murder in a church seems a little sacrilegious even to me.

W:  Been a while Knife.  <I said between heavy pants.>

K:  Last I saw you we set your town free.

W:  If you're here to kill me do it already.  I don't need the speeches about being a heretic and a traitor.  Just kill me I can't defend myself.

K:  What?  I don't intend to kill you now or anytime in the future.  <She got got and walked towards me then bent and told me,>  I'm with Runner on this one.  I think that you'll realize the error of your ways and will join back up with God again.  We chosen have crises of faith often, but what matters is that we come back.  I know that deep down you are a true believer and I'm just here so that we can set you back on the right path.

With that she got up and walked out will I screamed at her the entire time.  After a while of laying there I struggled to get on my feet feeling like complete shit.

4 comments:

  1. Dide was a cleric with a mace? Seems somewhat cliched.
    As for the entire 'crisis of faith' bit, it's worth pointing out your faith was brought about by mindfuckery. So, you know, worth keeping in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most fear servants are cliche, I was. You weren't really though.

      I know that but Knife would refuse to believe that.

      Delete
    2. Pointless to try to convince her. Aforementioned mindfuckery. Takes special circumstances to dig someone out who was in that deep. You, maybe one or two others. Takes another fear, or fear like entity getting involved. Or, well, certain other circumstances. I didn't really follow up on that.

      Delete
  2. Bonus fun fact: Paul had the Twin Triangles tattooed on his left forearm. He liked to call it a "souvenir from my youth" in his lectures.

    ReplyDelete