Saturday, September 21, 2013

Delay

Earlier this week I got an email asking me to meet someone a few cities over, and I agreed to leave the town for a bit.  So I was standing in an alley behind a store waiting when he arrived.

W:  Runner why did you make me come out here to talk to me?

R:  I had to meet with someone else and this worked better for all of us.

W:  That's what I meant.  What if Virgil sees me?

R:  I'll be frank, Warrior.  You need to stop being feeling so damn guilty all the time.  Virgil doesn't blame you and I am sure that he'll be trilled to see you again.

W:  That's not the reason you asked me to come here though.

R:  <sighs>  You've been assigned a proxy.

W:  Why now and who is it?

R:  The higher-ups figured that you would get yourself killed considering your targets, but as you're not dead they they decided that they would send someone to kill you.  To be specific Knife.

W:  Fuck my luck.  Hey what did you want to talk to Virgil about anyway?

R:  Unfortunately the exact same thing

W:  Geez.  Who'd he get?

R:  <Retracted>

W:  <Laugh>  Wow, they'll get along.

R:  That's what I told him.

W:  Runner thanks for the info, but if that's all I need to get back to work.

R:  No there was one more thing I needed to talk to you about Warrior.  <Runner walker up to me and slapped me across the face>

W:  The Hell was that for!?

R:  Move on already.  Kyle and Virgil both forgave you now you need to forgive yourself.

W:  Runner you-

R:  I know why you really keep fighting and it's not just to make up for your time under the Slender Man.  I've read the descriptions of your fight and heard some first hand accounts of how reckless you are in those fights.  You are just hoping that you die in a blaze of glory trying to save people.  Fortune favors the foolish indeed.  You don't need to die.

W:  <I just looked at the ground and stayed silent.>

R:  I'm sorry.  That was uncalled for.

W:  No, it was fine Runner.  Look I really do appreciate the info, but I need to go.

R:  Of course.  Good-bye.

W:  See ya.

I started to walk away but around the corner I bumped into someone by mistake.

W:  Sorry didn't see you there.

?:  Don't worry friend that was my mistake.  That looked like quite the fight back there.

W:  <I was suspicious at this>  Oh you saw that?

?:  Yeah a little.  It looks like that guy really does care about you.  Must be a really good friend.

W:  Yeah... yeah I guess he is.

?:  Well it was great talking to you friend, but I need to go.  Have a great day.

And with that he left waving.  I have to admit I liked that guy for some reason and his smile didn't hurt either he was so damn happy.  I'm headed back to take on Archangel's servants currently and except to be back within two days.   

No comments:

Post a Comment